Home » Audio » Group Build » So; where were we?
So; where were we? [message #30434] Mon, 07 February 2005 17:28 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Waiting for parts to fall like manna from heaven. I'm in about 260$; how are you guys doing?

Re: So; where were we? [message #30435 is a reply to message #30434] Tue, 08 February 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What all do you have coming, John? I have the Heyboer transformer coming, but that's it so far.

I'm working on the Stoetkit, working on the cooling system for the basshorns, working on a sound install for a club, and working on a software project for a large telecom firm. That plus the daily support and maintenance duties, which are sometimes full time in themselves. So I'm stretched kinda t-h-i-n.

Re: So; where were we? [message #30436 is a reply to message #30435] Tue, 08 February 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wayne; all work and no play my friend.
I have the transformer and choke on the way, waiting on the mos fets and the oil caps of which I bought 4 big ones and 4 7.5 uf, those I hope are correct.

so far so good [message #30437 is a reply to message #30436] Tue, 08 February 2005 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey 'block,

Your cap selection looks good. Two of the three extra 100-mike will come in handy for the amps, and the remaining one for another linestage.

to playing...(clink)
regards,
Douglas

Re: so far so good [message #30438 is a reply to message #30437] Tue, 08 February 2005 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
To playing; roger that.
BTW; meaning to post regarding the name Guinevere; I had posted earlier concerning the use of the name since it belongs to you. However you want to handle that is fine with me.
So; will there be another linestage?

oh boy... [message #30439 is a reply to message #30438] Tue, 08 February 2005 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Your Gold-leaf idea sounds absolutely briliant. Please be sure to send me ( and the rest ov us ) some Pix when it is done. Did you think you needed some special permission for something? ask and ye shall recieve.

Of course there will be another linestage. Several most likely, God willing.

Still trying to track down some minor troublew with the new one. I decided it sounds better with 12BY7's than with 12GN7. I will have to put it on the bench and measure it for things like output z and confirm frequency response. Excepting the small noise problem, it is better than te previous one, and if it measures as well as I think it will...I am expanding into DH valves and multi-chassis construction.
regards,
Douglas

Re: oh boy... [message #30440 is a reply to message #30439] Wed, 09 February 2005 07:31 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks for the good wishes. I like the concept of expanding into multi-box units. The more the merrier. Good luck with the troubleshooting.

Previous Topic: Juvenile request
Next Topic: Heyboer Tx order - I got 4!?!?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:20:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio