Home » Audio » Group Build » Gueinevere
Gueinevere [message #30388] Fri, 04 February 2005 12:51 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sorry for multiple posts I forgot something. Here is my dilemma. Par-metal has a beautifull Black Anodine 3/8's" front face plate with nice handles. The rest of the chassis is powder coat black enamel. What I need to know is they will silk screen in Gold leaf any wording for a fee on the face plate. I was considering Guienevere in some kind of calligraphic script on an angle across one corner. Then maybe ART in small letters straight across under the model name. What is the protocol here concerning using the name? Thanks J.R. This chassis can be matched for the Amps. It is 19 inch width.

Re: Gueinevere [message #30389 is a reply to message #30388] Fri, 04 February 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Protocol?

Seriously, copyrights in America are owned by the person who authored the letter, book, schematic, music, or whatever. American trademarks are goverened by first use. Then there is the issue of "fair use" which says you can reference protected materials in certain conditions. In any case, this place is a cooperative arena that I think you and I and everyone else would agree wishes to be, well, cooperative.

I don't have a problem with your putting "Guinevere" or "ART" on your amp's front panel. I can't speak for the others, but I don't think anyone will mind. I'd be kind of bummed if you didn't.

Re: Gueinevere [message #30393 is a reply to message #30389] Fri, 04 February 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks Wayne; I know the copy laws somewhat but the legal aspect wasn't the issue so much as the courtesy; I don't want to step on any toes.
Copyright is only as good as your attorney any way.(wink)

that's G-U-I-N-E-V-E-R-E [message #30412 is a reply to message #30393] Sat, 05 February 2005 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
please don't miss-spell it( though there are probably several accepted means of spelling the name ). It's late, I covered a lot of ground today and I'm just giving you a hard time...
regards,
Douglas

Re: that's G-U-I-N-E-V-E-R-E [message #30417 is a reply to message #30412] Sun, 06 February 2005 06:46 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That's a roger; G-U-I-N-E; I got the last part correct.

Previous Topic: Cheap source for R3?
Next Topic: Choke order
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:38:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout