Home » Audio » Group Build » DN2540s came today - ship tomorrow
DN2540s came today - ship tomorrow [message #30310] Thu, 27 January 2005 13:33 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Doug, Send me your mailing address (colinhester(at)yahoo(dot)com. Congrats on the cans.....Colin

_

Re: DN2540s came today - ship tomorrow [message #30311 is a reply to message #30310] Thu, 27 January 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You have mail...

Where do you get such cool swag? Been looking at headphone purchase for a little bit. Almost as much for using them as for building a neat amp to drive them. These are 32 Ohm?
regards,
Douglas

Re: DN2540s came today - ship tomorrow [message #30312 is a reply to message #30311] Thu, 27 January 2005 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Douglas; Excuse this if it is presumptous but I can't help following your post's. I believe you are under the impression that Colin was the one who offered you the Headphones. I believe The truth is Wayne ran the contest and they are a prize from him for posting on the site. I think it was a misunderstanding; I just felt you would want to know this.
Deamon is Wayne it is his site.
That's correct right guy's?

click the links... [message #30313 is a reply to message #30312] Thu, 27 January 2005 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The link to the notice says Colin put up the piece. Please don't mistake my sarcasm for ingratitude. Dry perhaps, but intended to be recongnized a friendly sarcasm.

Any misunderstanding created ought to deserve an apology from me. I did mean no disrespect, and am looking forward to sharing my development saga of the amp which will drive them.
regards,
Douglas

Re: DN2540s came today - ship tomorrow [message #30314 is a reply to message #30311] Thu, 27 January 2005 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've drooled over the amps at headwize.com for years, and never had the nerve to build one. This is the confidence I'm hoping to gain from this (and future) builds.

Yes, I believe they are 32 ohm. See link to audioadvisor.com for full specs.....Colin

Re: click the links... [message #30315 is a reply to message #30313] Thu, 27 January 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Evidently the mistake is mine; how I thought Wayne put that up is beyond me. Oh well, my bad. I did not detect any note of sarcasm; your posts are striaght up and real; as far as I am concerned. I am not sensitive anyway; like the old saying; call me what you want, just don't call me late for dinner.

Re: click the links... [message #30316 is a reply to message #30315] Fri, 28 January 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Colin was our gracious benefactor on that and many other things. I'm beginning to wonder if the guy spends his every waking moment just doing kind things for people. The next prize is really nice too. Watch for announcements from daemon...

Re: click the links... [message #30319 is a reply to message #30316] Fri, 28 January 2005 08:06 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hard to believe he's real. Let me see, a heavy guy in a red suit with a white beard and pipe? And a sliegh? Riendeers?
How's your idea for the pre-amp coming; I know your'e busy but have you thought about it?

Previous Topic: Chassis
Next Topic: Order the transformer NOW
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:16:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout