Home » Audio » Group Build » motor run caps
motor run caps [message #30184] Fri, 21 January 2005 09:10 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Shinecapacitors in L.A. are they any good? They have a vast selection of motor runs.

Re: motor run caps [message #30186 is a reply to message #30184] Fri, 21 January 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
I have used ASC and GE with good results. If I found these others at similar pricing, I am sure I would have tried them. The data sheet I looked at shows a max of 70 uF in 370 vac. The 100's are a nice option IMO.

When I tried two slightly differnent caps, of GE and ASC make i the output couping position, I heard subtle differences, probably as much from the size difference as from the maker. Who knows? it was a while ago, and the system has improved in general, so things would almost certainly be different now.

I am NOT going to say, 'don't use _____' unless I have a damn good ( that is to say well documented and well researched )reason to do so.
regards,
Douglas
!

Re: motor run caps [message #30267 is a reply to message #30186] Mon, 24 January 2005 13:55 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Got the 100 cap today. Much BIGGER than I expected. It's about 75% the size of a soda can.....Colin

Previous Topic: DN2540 - 40 pcs ordered
Next Topic: OT: how are youse for snow?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:58:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout