Home » Audio » Group Build » Tight windings
Tight windings [message #30125] Tue, 18 January 2005 17:39 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Say T; what about your post concerning the windings on the TX, you state they need to be tight to prevent vibration. Will Heyb know this or do we need to specify. Also is there any benefit to potting? (I mean the transformer) What about chokes from these guys?

Re: Tight windings [message #30129 is a reply to message #30125] Wed, 19 January 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The troubles I had with a Heyboer poer TX resulted from their building with minimum Iron in the traditional industrial method. I have never had trouble with the windings vibrating.

For audio, we want to run the core with a lower volts per turn( and resultant flux density ). The more gently we run things , the better it works for audio( sweeping general statement warning!!!!! ).

Once we achieved the understanding that high-performance audio has a different set of rules than other things, the problem was solved. I got my main PS choke from them, 35 Hy( specified 30 min ) at reaasonable current and high voltage tolerance. It will work just fine for this linestage. Cost as much as the linestage's power Iron though....
regards,
Douglas

Re: Tight windings [message #30132 is a reply to message #30129] Wed, 19 January 2005 09:07 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sorry I see you answered one of the questions. I see about 325$ total with all parts and choke included. Doesn't seem unreasonable for this level of performance.

Previous Topic: Power TX...special
Next Topic: Sourcing parts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:08:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout