Home » Audio » Craftsmen » "Whatever the question: Tri-Flow is the answer."
"Whatever the question: Tri-Flow is the answer." [message #29774] Sun, 03 September 2006 18:20 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Are any of you hip to this? Gunners? Cyclists?

I bought it recommended at the bike shop for the chain.
Now I use it instead of any other lubricant for everything. Maybe even mixed with the oil for the turntable.

There are quite a few; I'm using 'with teflon'.

Re: "Whatever the question: Tri-Flow is the answer." [message #29775 is a reply to message #29774] Sun, 03 September 2006 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
never heard of it. but, i'll give it a try on your say so.

Re: "Whatever the question: Tri-Flow is the answer." [message #29776 is a reply to message #29774] Tue, 05 September 2006 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Is this stuff silicon based? It's just a distant memory now, but I remember being warned not to use silicon based lube in electronics because it has a tendency to migrate into around the board messing up connections. Anyone else heard of this?

I hate it for bikes. [message #29777 is a reply to message #29774] Thu, 07 September 2006 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Works great for guns, but it sucks in my experience on bicycle chains, unless maybe you ride in the rain all the time. Otherwise it just gunks up. I go with Pedro's Ice Wax or White Lightning and never have gunk or problems.

Re: What we did in South Florida [message #29778 is a reply to message #29777] Fri, 08 September 2006 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Lot's of rain and puddles.

But if you put it just on the chain, roll the sprockets and chains and then wipe off all the excess you're left with a film that doesn't seem to 'gunk up.'

I'm fat, injured and living in the mid-West now but still ride, slowly, and still lube the bike with tri-flow.

Re: "Whatever the question: Tri-Flow is the answer." [message #29802 is a reply to message #29774] Wed, 04 October 2006 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jtsjf is currently offline  jtsjf
Chancellor
Triflow is a great lubricant, but it will gum up eventually if there is a lot of dirt around. I rode mountain bikes in California for awhile and used it pretty extinsively. Triflow also works real well on guns (I don't want to start a gun discussion) and is easy to clean up.
Another very good oil for turntable bearings and stuff like that is "balistol". Also originally designed for guns (no, I'm not a gun freak), it is a very good light, non-gumming lubricant.

I'm fat, injured and living in the mid-West now but still ride, slowly, and still lube the bike with [message #29804 is a reply to message #29778] Sun, 08 October 2006 10:25 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill,

I never saw you on a bike, is this a new hobby???

LOL!!!

Ron

Previous Topic: Two Hundred hours of work
Next Topic: An uncraftsman question-- Cabinet grade plywood
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:11:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers