Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Aunti-Poly sent this tip
Aunti-Poly sent this tip [message #29486] Thu, 05 May 2005 03:32 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
With a die grinder or hacksaw or the teeth of your Alsatian cut off the 1/4-20 and 10-24 sizes Hex drivers from your Hex Keys to make a straight part.
Then the next time you need to remove/replace a woofer or horn chuck one in your cordless and away ya' go!

How I used to hate turning and turning and turning........

Re: Aunti-Poly sent this tip [message #29488 is a reply to message #29486] Thu, 05 May 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I spent 20 minutes Sunday before mounting those four woofers looking for the hex key I had cut down the last time I had to mount woofers.

So I went into the stash and found out I was down to my last key in that size so rather than cut it, I used it as-is.

I think the right-angle thing has something to do with findability. Sort of like cutting the hair of Sampson, they get invisible without it.

Re: I don't do it for a living anymore, but when I did... [message #29489 is a reply to message #29488] Thu, 05 May 2005 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
...I learned time, once lost, is never repaid. So, I took the time to organise:

That, plus the ubiquitous fishing tackle box.

Wow! [message #29493 is a reply to message #29489] Fri, 06 May 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
That's beautiful! Cleaner and better organized than my house, much less my garage.

Re: Aunti-Poly sent this tip [message #29497 is a reply to message #29486] Mon, 09 May 2005 09:16 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If you look hard, they do make hexkey powerdrill/srewdriver bits. Mine came as part of a set for $10.

If you prefer to do it by hand, I like the hexkeys that come in "swiss-army knife" style. The Stanley sets I have unfolds each key to 270 degrees, where it lock at right angle to the handle.

Previous Topic: A money-saving tip from your Aunti- Poly
Next Topic: Paging Bill Epstein
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:07:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout