Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Are there any deals on router bits on the internet?
Are there any deals on router bits on the internet? [message #29457] Thu, 21 April 2005 11:51 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Are there any good deals available on router bits on the internet, or is it still the case of "you get what you pay for".

To date, I've been sticking with bits from Freud and Lee Valley. I pay a premium on them, but I have never had any problems with them, even when I abuse them.

Just checking to see if there's a source for high quality bits with discount pricing that I don't know about.

gar.

Re:try grizzly [message #29458 is a reply to message #29457] Thu, 21 April 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Gar,

I usually buy Amana, Onsrud or Bosch cutters when I can. They will cost more than some, but they dont cost more than some of the other 'top' names and I find the cut quality and how long before a sharping to be best on these. (meaning less chip out AND less sanding)

I have used the least expensive house brand that woodcraft sells adn some for the cutter from Grizzly.com and for the money they perform very well. try some mail order from grizzly or woodcraft next time you need a cutter.

You can do a search for the other brands on google. there are some good online carbide houses.

bill

Re:try grizzly [message #29459 is a reply to message #29458] Thu, 21 April 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You say cutter. I say bits. Must be a regional thing.

I've bought Onsrud spiral up-cuts from Lee Valley and they are very good. Went through 3/4" MDF like butter in just two pass. Could have even done it in one, but didn't try.

I'll look up Bosch and Grizzly next time I need a new "cutter" (see, I can adapt!). Since I've got my portable router table setup, I'm looking at cutters that I've never considered before.

thx,
Gar.

Re: Are there any deals on router bits on the internet? [message #29460 is a reply to message #29457] Thu, 21 April 2005 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete K is currently offline  Pete K
Esquire
Try MLCS. I've been using their bits for years. They also scored very high in some tests done by Fine Woodworking several years ago.

Pete K

Re: Are there any deals on router bits on the internet? [message #29461 is a reply to message #29460] Thu, 21 April 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete K is currently offline  Pete K
Esquire
Make that mlcswoodworking.com. Sorry.

Pete K

Re: Are there any deals on router bits on the internet? [message #29470 is a reply to message #29457] Mon, 25 April 2005 12:26 Go to previous message
mark@marktwain is currently offline  mark@marktwain
Esquire
Jesada's are very good and reasonable.

http://iseek.com/Projects/omnicat5/index.php?cat_id=0

Previous Topic: saw purchasing
Next Topic: What was it ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:47:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio