Home » Audio » Craftsmen » The Lynn Sabin Jig: A Great Box Joint Jig
The Lynn Sabin Jig: A Great Box Joint Jig [message #29404] Thu, 10 March 2005 08:06 Go to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Fred T's inquiry at the Speaker Forum, in which he asks about small boxes for external crossovers, has roused me out of my torpor sufficiently to post concerning a great homemade box-joint jig. The link is below. If you have a tablesaw, this jig makes box joints easy. Highly recommended. I love using contrasting woods, light and dark: I made my mother-in-law a beautiful (if I do say so myself) box using maple and cherry, with cherry top and bottom, for Christmas, and a half-finished crossover box is waiting for me in the garage (when it unfreezes).

I'm using a 30" version of the "basic" model, hardware from http://www.mcmaster.com (although you can get it almost anywhere). Slight wobbling can a be a problem, so the new "more stable" design is on my short list for this Spring.

Re: I like it! [message #29409 is a reply to message #29404] Fri, 11 March 2005 02:15 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've always just used the "tongue-same-sized-as-the-slot-cut-and-move-it-over-one" method but I love turning cranks, whirring gears and accurate stops. Thanks for the link. I have a box joint project in mind and will build this.

Previous Topic: Jointer and Plywood
Next Topic: saw purchasing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:57:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout