Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Magic Eraser cleans metal, too
Magic Eraser cleans metal, too [message #29379] Mon, 24 January 2005 05:16 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I got the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" to try cleaning the cartridge stylus and it really works. One of the better contributors on the only AA board worth anything, Vinyl, has inspected it's efficacy with a microscope.
I tried cleaning the brushed aluminum top plate of my turntable with Maas polish and a toothbrush. Not good.
Then I wiped on "Never Dull" polish and wiped off with a coarse towel. Better. But you could se the black gunk was still in the low spots as a grey film.
I thought of the "Eraser" and sliced off a piece. Oh yeah! Even tho' it's flat it somehow got into the grooves and got out the "Never Dull" residue. And you can keep cutting slices to get a fresh surface.
Took it a step farther and wiped on some more "Never Dull" and quickly before it hazed over worked it with the "Eraser". Then off with the "Eraser". Fabulous!!! Decades of grime are gone. The top plate now must look as shiny as the day it left Glasgow.

Re: Magic Eraser cleans metal, too [message #29381 is a reply to message #29379] Mon, 24 January 2005 09:47 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
These Magic Erasers are worth every penny. I have 4 kids, and at one time or another they have colored on something with a crayon. Works like a charm evern on eggshell paint. I would be careful about applying too much preasure; they will leave microscratches. Also, have you tried microfiber cloths for cleaning. Not quite as effective as the Eraser, but still does a pretty good job at cleaning/polishing....Colin

Previous Topic: Staining problem
Next Topic: Holes in metal w/o chassis punch. HELP!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:17:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio