Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Miter cuts with chop saw
Miter cuts with chop saw [message #29357] Sun, 09 January 2005 20:28 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
In making miter cuts with a chop saw, does it make a difference in the placement of the piece to have the outside face of the frame sit against the fence or away from the fence.

For example, the blade on the chop saw is oriented in the 10:30/4:30 position to make a 45 degree cut. Would the good piece be on the right or left of the blade. For some reason, I'm thinking that the 45 degree angle would be sharper on the side that the blade exits verse the side the blade enters.

Gar.

Re: Miter cuts with chop saw [message #29368 is a reply to message #29357] Wed, 12 January 2005 22:04 Go to previous message
Challanged bySound is currently offline  Challanged bySound
Esquire

Hold the piece of trim work to be cut so it fits against the fence most squarley. work on the side of the wood you fear may chip out more as the entrance. Other than which ever way you like to work it doesnt matter. I like to hold the work with my left hand since holding work on the right side of the blade usually interfears with the motor coming down except on new vertical motor saws. So I often hold the part face out for left side and face in for right side, thus the blade is always angle the same way and I always hlde the work on theleft of the blade where I can see the blade hit the work easier.

Bill

Previous Topic: How to bring out curls in curly maple
Next Topic: Jim Griffin has a great idea for grills
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:30:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers