Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Isn't anyone building anything???
Isn't anyone building anything??? [message #29276] Sun, 10 October 2004 16:51 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Is everyone as lazy as me?

Re: Isn't anyone building anything??? [message #29277 is a reply to message #29276] Mon, 11 October 2004 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It has been almost two months since my last project, but considering I've built a pair of One-PI, Three-PI and cabinets for JBL 2235's this summer, I deserve a bit of a break.

To tell you the truth, I haven't completely finished the JBL cabinets yet. It's in bare MDF format with a few sides veneered. But I found myself with a wicked case of sciatica during Labour Day weekend and have been in constant pain since then. Not in the best shape to move a pair of 5 cubic foot cabinets around. Lower back pain is a bitch.

Gar.

Re: Isn't anyone building anything??? [message #29278 is a reply to message #29276] Tue, 12 October 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
Yes, even lazier!

In July I was working on a prototype corner speaker. My wife left for a three-week trip, and I promised her that I would not do anything dangerous while she was gone - like run a table saw.

I picked up a copy of Civilization 3 (Conquests) and got the fever. (I have spent thousands of hours playing Civilization over the years.) Still stuck. Need to get back to building my speakers. I don't know where my plans or calculations are. I think I may just build the seven-pi configuration; but, because of Wayne's advice (BTW, thanks, Wayne, for the advice a few posts back!), now I have some DECISIONS to make, since I have never done any veneering!

Re: Isn't anyone building anything??? [message #29279 is a reply to message #29276] Tue, 12 October 2004 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
How lazy are you? I know I've been in a slump. It's only taken me several days to type this message.

I'm still waiting on B'heads Sex kit. There are some issues with getting the top plate delivered. I'm also working on a 1W amp based on a 117N7 and a SS headphone amp I saw over a headwize.com. Oh yeah, there's also the 400' of crown moulding sitting in the garage just waiting to be put up, and the 300' of shoe moulding and the basement to finish and building a saw board and.......Colin

Re: Isn't anyone building anything??? [message #29280 is a reply to message #29279] Tue, 12 October 2004 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Oh yeah? I have 8' of baseboard and quarter rounds that's been sitting in my front hall since Labour Day waiting to be installed. Probably only take me a hour to do it, but I've let it sit for over 6 weeks. Beat that for laziness. Gar.

Hi Bill [message #29325 is a reply to message #29276] Wed, 15 December 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gonefishin is currently offline  gonefishin
Baron
Hi Bill (guys),

My brother and I are working on one of his pairs of Valencia's. They're coming along pretty good. But as usual they're going slow!

Not much to look at, but here's a link to some pics of them, just look for the folder titled Altec projects.

take care...and happy holidays!

dan

Re: Can't wait to find...... [message #29326 is a reply to message #29325] Wed, 15 December 2004 15:31 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
...out what you think of the Fostex with and without.

Previous Topic: DEFT
Next Topic: HOT TOOL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:53:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio