Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Back to square one, so to speak
Re: Back to square one, so to speak [message #29247 is a reply to message #29246] Wed, 01 September 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yeah, that would be the one. Disregard HF rec. Sorry

Thanks for pointing out the Ryobi products. Ryobi is making a very nice line of home workshop tools now. They run $100 for each tool (drill press, band saw, drum sander.) I've seen nothing but positive reviews on these. I would, however, avoid Ryobi's lower end table saw. I have the BST-10 and it's pretty much useless.....Colin

Confucious say you get what you pay for... [message #29248 is a reply to message #29247] Thu, 02 September 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Fitzmaurice is currently offline  Bill Fitzmaurice
Grand Master
and he was right. When it come to drill presses what you most want to consider,though, is the distance from the spindle to the vertical rail. The smallest presses will allow you to drill on-center only six inches from the workpiece edge; you're better off to spend another 30 bucks or so to have a decent size throat opening.

Ryobi does make very good stuff for the money, but when it comes to table saws on the cheap it's tough to beat Sears, especially when on sale, which they usually are.

Milwaukee drill [message #29249 is a reply to message #29244] Thu, 02 September 2004 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
see below.

Re: Milwaukee drill [message #29250 is a reply to message #29249] Thu, 02 September 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I've always enjoyed those intimate times where the drill motor has your hand pinned against a joist and it's difficult to release the trigger.....

When you think about it. The mighty right anglers are made to drill in hard to get at areas, you aren't supposed to be there!

Re: Milwaukee drill and better alternatives [message #29251 is a reply to message #29250] Fri, 03 September 2004 14:32 Go to previous message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

It's more iron than I could deal with. Besides, using hole
saws that I have (up to 3" ) it looks like using one of these
high power, high torque tools would prevent a reasonable
amount of 'nibble control' afforded by straight vertical tool
setup.

If the actuall cutout size is listed at 3 11/16, then
which of the hole saws would be the correct one to get?

I have noted that if the hole saw is listed at 3", then
3" will be the final cutout. Measuring the hole saw itself
shows that the units are made to account for kerf removal.

Previous Topic: Other plywood tricks
Next Topic: No table saw? No problem - build a sawboard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:13:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout