Home » Audio » Craftsmen » New (to me) adhesive
New (to me) adhesive [message #28984] Wed, 24 March 2004 21:27 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've mentioned here and there how much I like PL400 for gluing up boxes and especially internal baffle parts. The Home Depot is now stocking a line of adhesive/caulks called SIKA. Their polyurethane construction adhesive is far more flexible when set than the PL product with an equally strong bond.
They also showed an epoxy in a tube that ha a special nozzle where the mixing takes place so a $2 caulking gun gets it done. Dries to 6000 PSI strong in 20 minutes at 40 degrees. So maybe you have to frame a house while your waiting for the veneer to dry?

Re: New (to me) adhesive [message #28986 is a reply to message #28984] Wed, 24 March 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Used SIKA Flex 20 years ago on a log home in between the the joints. Big time commercial stuff back then. outstanding quality. Cant say enough good about it. Havn't used it since. nice to see it available in a more public way.

other Bill

Re: Such a shame what that log............ [message #28989 is a reply to message #28986] Sun, 28 March 2004 11:12 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
.........did when it fell.............

Previous Topic: Tube PreAmp - Work in Progress
Next Topic: Tube PreAmp - Done! (almost)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:05:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio