Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Tube PreAmp - Work in Progress
Tube PreAmp - Work in Progress [message #28981] Wed, 24 March 2004 07:36 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The amp's not completed, maybe in another couple of days. Posting in Craftsmen because I want to show off the build so far. It's my first time using wood panels on an amp. Not perfect, but happy with the results so far.

I'll do a full write up on the building process when all the dust settles.

Gar.

Re: Grounded Grid? [message #28983 is a reply to message #28981] Wed, 24 March 2004 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Very nice.
Okay if I add it to my collection of ideas pilfered from others?

Re: Grounded Grid? [message #28987 is a reply to message #28983] Thu, 25 March 2004 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Pilfer away Bill. But first, give me some ideas on how to label the wood panels. I'm thinking it would be cool to "brand" (burn) the labels in. Know of any branding kits?

BTW, it's not the grounded grid. It's the Constant Current Source from his Beginner's Guide book. I'll do a technical review in the Tube Forum in about a week.

Gar.

Re: Grounded Grid? [message #28988 is a reply to message #28987] Sun, 28 March 2004 11:11 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Constantines sells a branding iron but it only has a few letters. There's a bunch of posts on the Bottlehead site about JohnEH making vinyl stencils with JPG images and a pantograph thingy haooked to the computer. About $300 if memory serves. Also, from my Ski Shop days, we had a gizmo with a complete alphabet in brass templates and a Dremel like engarver that carved initials in the skiis. Then you rubbed a crayon over to color them. Check that out.

Previous Topic: Veneering tips for large boxes
Next Topic: New (to me) adhesive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:23:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout