Home » Audio » Craftsmen » What do you store your tools in?
What do you store your tools in? [message #28973] Wed, 10 March 2004 20:02 Go to next message
newsjeff is currently offline  newsjeff
Baron
After building a pair of Pi Theater 4s, a Bottlehead Foreplay and several pairs of DIY cables, I now have a lot of STUFF. I don't own a garage, so I was wondering what everyone is using to store their tools, leftover parts, wires, soldering iron, paint, glue, ect. Right now I have everything in several cardboard boxes in my closet. I really should get organized.

Let's keep it clean [message #28974 is a reply to message #28973] Wed, 10 March 2004 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I mean the jokes.
Not your tools.
I mean ... oh, whatever.

Re: What do you store your tools in? [message #28975 is a reply to message #28973] Thu, 11 March 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's called a tool box, I have one with 3 drawers and a lid that flips open for the larger stuff, I also have 1 in the garage 5 drawer with storage space underneath to put the power tools for building speakers. You can get them at any walmart, sears etc.

Bill W.

Oh, a tool box [message #28976 is a reply to message #28975] Thu, 11 March 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
No shit, Bill. I didn't realize you were so smart. Thanks for the advise. Never would have thought of it myself.

Re: What do you store your tools in? [message #28977 is a reply to message #28973] Thu, 11 March 2004 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

There are tons of plastic organizer containers on the market. Rubber maid does a bunch. Home Depot, Lowes et all have whole sections on closet organizing things and such. If you have a basement I suggest a dehumidifier purchase and some shelving. If you can find some old locker cabinets or even filing cabinets, they come in handy. Used office furniture places may have something cheap with lots of drawers.

Bill

Re: What do you store your tools in? [message #28978 is a reply to message #28977] Thu, 11 March 2004 19:41 Go to previous message
Baron
Hi Bill. Actually, the plastic organizer containers are what I have in mind. I have an old apartment in the historic section of town. No basement to speak of. (I still think it's drying out from Hurricane Isabel. There was at least 4-foot of water in there after the storm.) I have a couple of closets, but that's it. I am leaning toward getting one plastic box with small drawers for the spare parts, hardware, ect. and a large one for the tools and chemicals. Adding everything up, this sure can be an expensive hobby. But DIY sure is fun way to learn. And I just love the music.

Previous Topic: Theater 4 problems
Next Topic: Somebody motivate me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:40:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout