Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Show and tell
Show and tell [message #28899] Sun, 28 December 2003 15:21 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'd love to see a sort of "show and tell" here, with photos of your favorite projects. Tutorials are really helpful, and I think that's what this forum is probably best for. But I'm into immediate gratification this time, and I'd just like to see your favorite projects. Speaker cabinets, amplifier and preamp bases, or even non-A/V projects.

One of the things I really find attractive is the two-tone look. Chess boards made with a dark wood and a light wood look rich. Old tube radios often had two-tone laminates, and are sometimes stunningly intricate and beautiful. So that's a look I really like, and there are a lot of other great looks.

What are your favorites?

Re: Show and Tell and some hot news [message #28900 is a reply to message #28899] Sun, 28 December 2003 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The Boss says link this post, so:
Show and Tell
Lot's of ways to do Pi.

Read an interesting post about speaker cone coatings. Beyond shellac and varnish. GILT! Yes, some guys at full range are gilding cones with gold leaf! Could be interesting. Maybe try the 95 cent drivers first. Hey Wayne, does Alona know about Guesso? You know the gold paint/plaster coating on Icons?

Re: Show and Tell and some hot news [message #28901 is a reply to message #28900] Sun, 28 December 2003 20:36 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Guesso is what that stuff is called? I always thought it was just some sort of shellac.

Did you watch the History channel special about relics? Yikes! Fingers and guts and stuff. The Uncorruptables endure having their fingers and limbs pulled off and sent around the world.

OK. That's way off-topic and not even in particularly good taste. The moderator will probably need to deal with me very strictly.

More trivial trivia - Most Russian nouns end with a consonant if masculine or "a" or "ya" if feminine. Not all nouns, of course, but most. There are exceptions (neuter nouns), like "moloko" is milk and "delo" is routine matters. "Guesso" must be groovy special shellac.

Previous Topic: Cabinet finishing
Next Topic: Methods of work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:20:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout