Home » Audio » Craftsmen » What's everyone have on your Christmas list?
Re: Get my room ready, eye-gor [message #28871 is a reply to message #28866] Wed, 17 December 2003 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Help? You need help? Help is 280 miles away.

Re: What's everyone have on your Christmas list? [message #28872 is a reply to message #28861] Wed, 17 December 2003 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I have no records. I have no record player. I have no record cleaner.
But I just got a Hagerman "Bugle" fono stage board. Still have to order the parts from Mouser. Wanna try op-amps. cheap way to learn. Mebbe I'll "win" a KLH Model Eleven soon.

Re: What's everyone have on your Christmas list? [message #28873 is a reply to message #28868] Wed, 17 December 2003 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Hi Wayne,

Paul Esworthy is my ex-girlfriend's uncle and a notable good guy. He's been racing the midgets for over twenty years and has won multiple national championships. He knows his stuff and is a dirt monster. The multi class midgets are sub 1000 lb cars with modified 600 cc motorcycle engines making over 150 horsepower. They are a whole lot of fun! Now you know....the rest of the story! Jerrod

Re: Have you seen Zarniwoops.......... [message #28874 is a reply to message #28870] Wed, 17 December 2003 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
I remember reading that zarni grounded the pot and after your post decided it couldn't hurt anything. I went for it and it made an improvement. Ella is tolerable now. I'm pretty anal when it comes to noise though, will keep trying to eliminate the rest. Spent the better part of the weekend rewiring the amp. Completely disconnected the toroidal transformer and started over twisting and rerouting all the wires. Also rewired the input and volume pot wiring with twisted pairs of magnet wire with braided copper shield. My amp has the power supply choke installed. Do you happen to have the wiring schematic so I can determine if the wiring is correct? I've been through about everything else. BTW....I reheated the joints on the output jacks. Took all 950 degrees my solder station had to get a nice hot joint! Not a real good design on those jacks. Otherwise Ella is getting better the more I futz. I guess that's better than getting worse! Jerrod

Re: Get my room ready, eye-gor [message #28875 is a reply to message #28871] Wed, 17 December 2003 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I'll lay in some sipping stock

Re: What's everyone have on your Christmas list? [message #28876 is a reply to message #28860] Thu, 18 December 2003 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
other than the hartsfield replica's martinelli plans to build these would be a great stocking stuffer.

george

A biscuit joiner and a pair of DX 4s. [message #28885 is a reply to message #28860] Sun, 21 December 2003 16:08 Go to previous message
Ryder is currently offline  Ryder
Esquire
Happy Holidays

Cheers
Craig Ryder

Previous Topic: I get to be first at something!
Next Topic: Lacquer Finish, a few ideas to get you started
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:17:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout