Home » Audio » Craftsmen » I get to be first at something!
I get to be first at something! [message #28844] Sat, 06 December 2003 07:33 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
WaytogoWayne, this should be fun.
Bill&Bill are standing by to take your calls, errr posts.
Merry Pranks Website

Woodworking advice posts [message #28845 is a reply to message #28844] Sat, 06 December 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, this is nice. I think I'm gonna like it here.

We need to go though the π Speakers forum and find all the posts wriiten by you and Martinelli that have woodworking advice and repost them here. One of these times, one of us will have to do a few searches and find 'em, then copy-and-paste them into posts here.

Re: Woodworking advice posts [message #28851 is a reply to message #28845] Mon, 08 December 2003 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I keep thinking we should compile some of the old post and letters into some kind of FAQ for building a cabinet. Start off with selection of materials through cunstructione and fish with the finsh.

Dont forget to wax your runner's and put winter air in the tyres.

Re: Woodworking advice posts [message #28857 is a reply to message #28845] Thu, 11 December 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Agreed! I have a copy of Bill's/Till's post re Tung oil in my garage/shop and have used it very successfully.

Re: Amazing results [message #28869 is a reply to message #28857] Wed, 17 December 2003 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Amazing results from a technique that kicked my ass the time I tried to iron yellow glue! And the bracing is first rate. Is that to a plan or your concept?

I take no credit! [message #28880 is a reply to message #28869] Fri, 19 December 2003 12:15 Go to previous message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Bill, given the quality of your work, I appreciate the kind words. I took a woodworking class last fall (never touched a power tool before in my life!) and learned the yellow (or white) glue/iron trick from the instructor.

The design and bracing are right off the Adire website. The only thing I did was double up the bottom baffle and top of the cabinet.

I'll also give some credit to my Ryobi BT3100 tablesaw, which is an outstanding piece of equipment. I'm still a rank beginner, but I feel a little more confident each time.

Previous Topic: Hello all
Next Topic: What's everyone have on your Christmas list?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:39:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio