Home » Audio » Home Theater » big screens
big screens [message #28657] Wed, 13 June 2007 16:56 Go to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Why do people feel that they need a big screen to enjoy a home theatre? I thought it was more about the surround sound that you put together that gave it the affect of being in a real live theatre.

Re: big screens [message #28662 is a reply to message #28657] Thu, 21 June 2007 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
Some people prefer big screen for a double purpose. Big screen satisfied the viewer especially in watching movies or concert DVD's. And it's more realistic to watch as if you're in a cinema movie theatre. So there's no need for you to spend bucks for the ticket of a movie premier show outside.

Re: big screens [message #28666 is a reply to message #28657] Sat, 23 June 2007 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The wife and I toured 9 multi-million dollar new construction homes this week. The trend in these houses seemed to be: very big screens (100"+) and ulta-high end projectors; non-dedicated HT rooms as in the past; and lower end audio equipment with an emphesis on boomy bass. The focus was very much on the visual experience and not the sound....C

Re: big screens [message #28670 is a reply to message #28666] Thu, 28 June 2007 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
I think that if you are going to go big then you should have equal sound, it just makes sense, why would you not have the same. Why have a big screen with a small sound?Thats silly

Re: big screens [message #28685 is a reply to message #28662] Thu, 18 October 2007 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
I agree, I have a big screen and have no reason what so ever to even go spend money at a theatre when I have a theatre like environment in my living room.

Re: big screens [message #61911 is a reply to message #28657] Fri, 19 February 2010 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love4music is currently offline  love4music
Baron
For me, the size matters! I love the big, flat screen TV that I have. I also love the speakers all around the room too. Next I'm putting in the reclining chairs (movie-theater seats).
Re: big screens [message #61925 is a reply to message #28657] Mon, 22 February 2010 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
Size matters to me too! I just went out and got a new TV and I love it. My eye sight is going bad, I still sit the proper distance from it (and when I am out watching movies in a theater), so why not? I earned the money, I can spend it as I like.
Re: big screens [message #62179 is a reply to message #61925] Wed, 24 March 2010 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
We like our TV screens to be big because we are used to the big screens from the movie theaters. We try to copy that setup as much as possible to feel the same experience like watching it in the theaters.
Re: big screens [message #62201 is a reply to message #62179] Sat, 27 March 2010 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
Mine would be dinky compared to a 100+ one. Rolling Eyes But I still think its quite nice and yes most of the time we are watching movies or concerts. We traded in an old Philips for this one.

Re: big screens [message #62297 is a reply to message #28657] Tue, 06 April 2010 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus
Chancellor
randle wrote on Wed, 13 June 2007 16:56

Why do people feel that they need a big screen to enjoy a home theatre? I thought it was more about the surround sound that you put together that gave it the affect of being in a real live theatre.<br>
<br>

I am not a big fan of big screens either. Just like you, I think it's the surround sound that makes your home theater room feels like a real theater. So, I would rather spend money for enhancing my sound system than spend if on a big screen.
Previous Topic: VCR
Next Topic: What do you have?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:03:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout