Home » Audio » Home Theater » DVD/CD players
Re: DVD/CD players [message #62425 is a reply to message #62269] Wed, 28 April 2010 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
I would agree on the Blu-ray players. This thread was made in 2005 and I think Blu-ray was not popular in those days yet. I'm now trying to think what would be next for Blu-ray. It seems like that the life span for a format of disks is only about 5 years or so.
Re: DVD/CD players [message #62460 is a reply to message #28517] Sun, 02 May 2010 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love4music is currently offline  love4music
Baron
I say get a Blu-Ray too. It seems to be the way to go right now. Every time I go into Blockbuster they are getting more and more Blu-Ray dvd's on the shelves.
They are more expensive but they are the newest technology.
Re: DVD/CD players [message #62483 is a reply to message #62460] Mon, 03 May 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, this thread is pretty old. I think I replaced that old CD player I had when I started this thread, and later went to BluRay. I got a real nice Denon BluRay player a couple years ago for the main home theater and have since replaced bedroom systems with BluRay players, some with wireless streaming. Streaming is cool if you have a NetFlix account, and you can also rent video from BlockBuster and Amazon to be delivered via IP streams.

Re: DVD/CD players [message #62934 is a reply to message #28517] Fri, 28 May 2010 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djessa is currently offline  djessa
Chancellor
I'm currently using Panasonic Blu-ray player. My hubby bought it in Japan for only 32,000(JPY). Actually, it's a birthday gift for me because he knows that I'm addicted of watching concerts and movies. You must buy this brand of player if you want to enjoy and relax in front of your home theater. It's nice to watch movie with clear images and best audio.
Re: DVD/CD players [message #63399 is a reply to message #62934] Thu, 15 July 2010 02:24 Go to previous message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
I'm interested to learn how you could play your BluRay player that came from Japan. Based on my experience with PS3 games, the console sold in Japan can only play a game that has a format made in Japan. Is this the same with BluRay players?
Previous Topic: LCD vs LED
Next Topic: Music or Video?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:18:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout