Home » Audio » Home Theater » Any Far East companies selling a vacuum tube surround system yet?
Any Far East companies selling a vacuum tube surround system yet? [message #28504] Sun, 17 July 2005 21:49 Go to next message
John Chleapas is currently offline  John Chleapas
Baron
Hello people. We are new to home theater. We just got a 60" Sony Grand Wega KDF60WF655, For now I am using it with my 6' tall JBL 4675C THC approved theater speakers. I am using just my 2 large speakers for now. When I get back to work I would love that Fosgate vacuum tube surround but it is like $13.5K or more. Are any of the Far East vacuum tube amplifier companies selling a vacuum tube surround processor yet? I really like my stereo as I have 1.8 wpc 45 tube amps for the HF and 300b and el34 mono blocks for the twin 15" bass bins. I was/am curious as the the availability of a vacuum tube surround processor/preamplifier in the near future. Thanks for taking the time to read this. John C.

Re: Any Far East companies selling a vacuum tube surround system yet? [message #28505 is a reply to message #28504] Mon, 18 July 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a good question, and I hope you'll get some feedback. Most people I know use monoblocks or good two-channel gear. You can always go with high-end amps and speakers from the processor back but it would be nice to see a high-end processor too. I wonder if some of the aftermarket tube modders have done anything with one.

Re: Any Far East companies selling a vacuum tube surround system yet? [message #28506 is a reply to message #28504] Mon, 18 July 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I have not seen any vacuum tube surround processor. There are a couple of sites you can check out for the "latest" and greatest the Far East has to offer. It seems all tube gear coming out of China is two-channel. Korsun D9 a nice multi-channel ss amp, but that's about it.

The first is nysound.com. I have ordered several times from this company, and they are very reliable. In fact, this is where the cable set for one of the giveaways came from. Shipping is a bit steep, but google search for a discount code for free shipping - used to work, but I don't know anymore.

The second one to try for the latest eye candy is Catty (http://www.cattylink.com/engproducts.htm) I have never ordered from them, but I have asked for quotes and always received professional responses quickly. Again, I don't see any vacuum tube processors.

Best of luck, and if you find anything let us know......Colin

THC or THX approved speakers..... [message #28507 is a reply to message #28504] Mon, 18 July 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Dude, I would love some THC approved speakers. I bet they really smoke.......Colin

Re: THC or THX approved speakers..... [message #28508 is a reply to message #28507] Tue, 19 July 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: Any Far East companies selling a vacuum tube surround system yet? [message #28520 is a reply to message #28506] Thu, 01 September 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Raes is currently offline  David Raes
Esquire
I also ordered from nysound.com but they dont have anything in stock and the worst is that i placed an order for 3 items and i just got one after a month? I wouldnt use them again.

Bought the Fosgate FAP-V1.. [message #28545 is a reply to message #28504] Tue, 18 April 2006 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Well, after a year of deciding and hoping someone would introduce a less expensive vacuum tube processor, I stumbled onto the closeout sale of the last 13 or so left of these. R-F sold a bunch of the limited to 50 unit production run at $13K each. I paid $3000 for it brand new in the 100 pound shipping crate. Yes I will be paying it off for 4 months, but it was worth it to me. The amp I am now saving up for is a dedicated 5.1 sand amp with a single triode tube on each of the 5 channels to mellow out the sound. The amp is a Butler 5150 I am saving for now. Time for the big tag sale to sell a bunch of my vintage tube stereo goodies to feed this audio habit. John

Re: Bought the Fosgate FAP-V1.. [message #28546 is a reply to message #28545] Wed, 19 April 2006 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vic D is currently offline  Vic D
Esquire
Where exactly did you buy this processor? Any left?

Re: Bought the Fosgate FAP-V1.. [message #28547 is a reply to message #28546] Thu, 20 April 2006 01:08 Go to previous message
Baron
Yes they have only one left Vic. I am buying a 2nd one. John Call Jay
Frank at:

Evolution Audio & Video
5341 Derry Ave., Suite S
Agoura Hills, Ca. 91301
818-879-1312 / 818-879-0416-Fax

Good luck Vic and I hope you can snag it. John

Previous Topic: Are Alnico speakers shielded?
Next Topic: Voom
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:59:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout