Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Crown XTi Amps and JBL Speakers - Do I need an additional crossover?
Crown XTi Amps and JBL Speakers - Do I need an additional crossover? [message #28387] Thu, 28 December 2006 17:55 Go to next message
Nathan is currently offline  Nathan
Esquire
I recently purchased the following for our church's new sound system:

1 Crown XTi 4000 amp
1 Crown XTi 1000 amp
2 JBL MRX525 speaker cabs
1 JBL MRX528 dual-18" subwoofer cabinet

It is my plan to run the 2 MRX525s in stereo using the XTi 4000. I also plan to run the MRX528 through the XTi 1000 (bridged).

My question is this: Will I need an additional crossover to go along with these amps, or is there a way to link them together and use the built in crossover?

I thought about simply messing with the DSP on both amps to send certain frequencies to the mains/subs, but I'm not real sure what I am doing since this is my first real experience doing pro audio stuff.

Any advice and/or help from one of you out there in Forum-land would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Crown XTi Amps and JBL Speakers - Do I need an additional crossover? [message #28388 is a reply to message #28387] Sat, 30 December 2006 11:28 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I would run the sub with one amp and the mains with the other. Just make sure the subs get content below 80 to 100Hz and the mains get the content above 80 to 100Hz.

Previous Topic: vibrolux problems
Next Topic: Fender Bass amp sound fading out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:49:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout