Home » Audio » Pro Sound » How is the JBL eon15 g2 versus the EV sxa250
How is the JBL eon15 g2 versus the EV sxa250 [message #28145] Sat, 15 April 2006 05:47 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
If anyone has used both or either in a live sound setting, your thoughts will be much appreciated!
Also, if you know if an equivalent solution (sound wise) that is cheaper, do let me know.
-akhilesh

Re: How is the JBL eon15 g2 versus the EV sxa250 [message #28148 is a reply to message #28145] Sun, 16 April 2006 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Build one of Bill's cabinets. Several folks on his forum had Eon's and are now using them for monitors. 1/3 the price if you diy, 1/2 - 2/3 if you have them built. Far better. I'd suggest DR250 ported or Omni 10's . I should finish my Omni's this week and will post a review of them vs DR250's.

They're not self powered, but the O10's could be with the PE plate PA amp. The DR's have no place for a plate.

If you want to hear them, I can bring a set to GPAF, or I'm only about an hour and a half from Tulsa.

Fitzmaurice DR250 [message #28149 is a reply to message #28148] Mon, 17 April 2006 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think you should bring your DR250 speakers to GPAF. That way you can listen to them side-by-side with speakers having compression horn tweeters and other driver configurations. We measured your speakers at the Prosound Shootout, but never really had a change to listen to them. So I think everyone would be interested in having a listening taste test.

I'm familiar with two-way setups like that with piezo tweeters. I made speakers with them for 25 years before Motorola and CTS stopped making them. So I know they can be used in good quality setups when used within their limits. I also know what compression horns have to offer. I think you'll be interested to hear a side-by-side comparison as would many others.

Re: Fitzmaurice DR250 [message #28150 is a reply to message #28149] Mon, 17 April 2006 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
I will. Since the shootout I've made the 16 tweeter array change. Smoothed out the raggedness we saw in the LMS. Much better response, instead of boosting at the upper end you now cut a little. I've also made another set. One on top of another makes seriously good sounding array.

I'll bring the Omni's also. They've become a really hot box on Bill's site. Easier to build, close in performance.

Re: Fitzmaurice DR250 [message #28151 is a reply to message #28150] Tue, 18 April 2006 13:09 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing you there!

Previous Topic: www.schematicheaven.com
Next Topic: GPAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 21:39:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout