Home » Audio » Pro Sound » DEQ2496
DEQ2496 [message #27764] Fri, 07 April 2006 08:57 Go to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Started playing with the Dynamic EQ last nite. After reading the rane notes, which seem primarily to focus on using it on a single channel, such as vocals, I'm not really any closer to finding what I need it for. It runs eq for the whole rig, except monitors, so do I set a broad shelf somewhere, hit specifics or what? Anybody with experience Beh or not feel free to chime in.

Re: DEQ2496 [message #27765 is a reply to message #27764] Fri, 07 April 2006 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Reply to myself. Ha.

Played with stereo width. Turn width down to zero and you have a nice mono signal that sounds good from a stereo source. It's also steerable.

Re: DEQ2496 [message #27841 is a reply to message #27765] Sat, 11 April 2009 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshua Crispin is currently offline  Joshua Crispin
Esquire
http://www.churchmedia.net/forums/avatars/joshuacrispin.gif

I have used these Behringer units for years now and love them. For low end gear they can accomplish a ton of stuff. It and the DriveRack Pro are my swiss army gear.

icon5.gif  Re: DEQ2496 [message #60106 is a reply to message #27841] Wed, 08 July 2009 03:48 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Joshua Crispin wrote on Sat, 11 April 2009 04:42

I have used these Behringer units for years now and love them. For low end gear they can accomplish a ton of stuff. It and the DriveRack Pro are my swiss army gear.

Hi, and my question is,
What would be the next '...end gear' or upgrade that would have very good sound qualities good for Hi-fi/audiophile and that can be used in Pro Sound, for an (1)equalizer and (2)compression/limiter, of course the first is more important as the second would not so be. A lot of people say the Behringers are not of enough quality, I think it might have to do with the levels of distortion. So maybe my question would go, about the best one's (1&2) in the Pro-Sound business to be used in the audiophile market, like in/for classic or jazz music.

Add to this combo an AMP since I'm about buying and testing a QSC-GX5.

Previous Topic: Randall Cabinet
Next Topic: Beta 8 Array
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:40:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout