Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Behringer Users
Behringer Users [message #27763] Thu, 06 April 2006 16:21 Go to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
If you use Behringer gear lets hear from you. Tips, tricks, the good, the bad, the ugly. If you want to rant, fine, just have real world experience with the gear. Just start a thread for the model you want to discuss.

I currently own a DEQ2496, 2 MDX4600 compressors, and a CX2310 crossover, which I'm going to upgrade to the DCX2496 asap.

The DEQ is an amazing piece of gear. I'm still exploring it's possible uses.

Re: Behringer Users [message #27832 is a reply to message #27763] Mon, 19 May 2008 18:02 Go to previous message
Jeff Hails is currently offline  Jeff Hails
Esquire
I just received a UB1002 mixer for use at the local flying clubs air show. Having spent the last 30 years or so doing electronics repair, I always question the quality of budget equipment. I can't say I was disappointed with what I got for the cost, but I won't say it was what I had hoped for.
I spent the better part of the day using it and checking the performance against the specs. Overall, it does very well. Response, noise level, and distortion are all within acceptable tolerance of the stated specs. My only complaints, one major and one minor are the mic gain controls and the general pot orientation. When I opened the box the first thing that struck me was that the pots were skewed every which way. Not a problem, just an irritation. Without having torn it apart, I'd guess that the pots are soldered to the circuit board and weren't seated properly. Once it's out of warranty, I'll take care of that. The major problem is the gain controls for the mic inputs. They're not just non-linear, they're pretty much useless. The only variation is within the last 10% of its range. If they sent a schematic, I could probably solve the problem without having to turn a screw.

All things considered, I think I spent my money well. It will do the job I bought it for and take care of my future and musical needs.

Previous Topic: Blackheart Killer Ant vs. Old Guild Tube Amp
Next Topic: H & K Trilogy footswitch.. HELP!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:35:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio