Home » Audio » Pro Sound » DN990r old MD recorder. error code showing, used purchase
DN990r old MD recorder. error code showing, used purchase [message #27756] Sat, 25 March 2006 11:05 Go to next message
steve wells is currently offline  steve wells
Esquire
anyone had experience of Denon 990r mini disc recorder. We got one off e-bay, hoping to record live gigs and play clients cues etc.....it only shows error codes and nothing more. seller has not responded, Denon neither (at time of writing)
any ideas?
steve

Re: DN990r old MD recorder. error code showing, used purchase [message #27759 is a reply to message #27756] Fri, 31 March 2006 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I'd take it apart and give the inside a good cleaning. Lens, lazer etc. Just be careful as the transport can be fragile. Since the seller hasn't responded what do you have to lose? As long as you don't tear something up.

Re: DN990r old MD recorder. error code showing, used purchase [message #27762 is a reply to message #27756] Thu, 06 April 2006 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AntonZ is currently offline  AntonZ
Esquire
I don't know about that specific model, but there have been a number of Denon recorders which work fine except for some small push buttons inside the mechanism which fail after some time. This causes the recorder to not properly recognize when it has finished ejecting a disc or when a new one is inserted. The display may show something like "mech error", not sure about the exact words.

Re: DN990r old MD recorder. error code showing, used purchase [message #27824 is a reply to message #27756] Fri, 30 November 2007 04:43 Go to previous message
panacea is currently offline  panacea
Esquire
I have the same problem. I bought the new old stock of Denon DN990R, but unit does not working. If I power up the unit, everything is OK, display lights, buttons works. But if I load a MD (74min Sony or new blank 74min Sony,HHB) the message ERROR lights on display immediately. When I eject the MD, message goes out too. I hear not eny voice of transport or pick-up moving. I looked into the service manual and the error is: ERROR CODE: 51-0000, MODE: INITIAL STOP, contents: Time-over Error (5sec) of Initial switch-OFF. Could you help me please? I know, that this unit has some switches in the load mechanism, but where can I find this error? Thanks for eny ideas.

Previous Topic: Speakerplans
Next Topic: ampeg vt-22 head second question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 22:32:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout