Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Re: Outdoor PA system
Re: Outdoor PA system [message #27754] Wed, 22 March 2006 15:44 Go to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Look around for something like a Peavey head, you know one of those things you plug the mic in right in front and and has all the controls on the front, it usually a small 10-band EQ off to the right on it or something like that.
HTH
Bill W.

Re: Outdoor PA system [message #27755 is a reply to message #27754] Thu, 23 March 2006 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Thanks for the reply. I assume that Peavey makes tough equipment? Last year we rented what had to be an indoor setup. It would relay out in the heat and was pretty noisy when it did work.

Re: Outdoor PA system [message #27757 is a reply to message #27755] Sun, 26 March 2006 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
I have a peavey xr600c head and it's bulletproof. Bought used, been in rental with utter amateurs for 5 yrs. I've only had to repair once, and that was physical connections that somebody yanked repeatedly on a cable. It's been run everywhere from outside on generators to 18/2 extension cords. They're pretty cheap on ebay. You should also look at wireless. The sub $200 models work pretty well, just for speed and by themselves.

Re: Outdoor PA system [message #27758 is a reply to message #27757] Sun, 26 March 2006 18:25 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I'll check it out. We only need something simple to provide the narrator with a PA to talk over the noise. Again thank you for the reply.

Previous Topic: Matching cabinet for Marshall MF350 head
Next Topic: Single Ended Amp for Electric Bass
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:50:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout