Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Monitor Mix Solution for Church
Monitor Mix Solution for Church [message #27734] Wed, 10 August 2005 13:53 Go to next message
Meltdown is currently offline  Meltdown
Esquire
Hello all. I am looking for some assistance in designing a better monitor mix solution for the praise team at my church. I would love either system theory assistance or specific product and solutions. We currently have a behringer 32/8 w/ 6 aux eurodesk. We have drums (5 channels), Percussion (2 channels), Electric Guitar (1 channel), Acoustic Guitar (1 channel), Bass Guitar (1 channel), Synth/Keys (2 channels), Piano (2 channels), and 10 vocal channels. We use two mixes only. Each mix is driven by a pair of oversized and overpowered floor wedges. We would like to move to an in-ear solution (wired or wireless) but not sure what the most effecient system design would be or what the best products to use are. Thanks for any assistance.

Re: Monitor Mix Solution for Church [message #27735 is a reply to message #27734] Thu, 11 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I see 24 channels, yes? You're looking for a mixer that provides at least 24 channels, and you may need separate channel-level controls for monitors and mains, is that right?

Re: Monitor Mix Solution for Church [message #27737 is a reply to message #27735] Thu, 11 August 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meltdown is currently offline  Meltdown
Esquire
What I'm looking for truthfully is for someone who is keenly experienced in live monitor mix solutions to offer some suggestions as to how we can offer the most effective, dynamic, and flexible monitoring to our band and vocal teams.

Thanks.

Re: Monitor Mix Solution for Church [message #27739 is a reply to message #27734] Thu, 11 August 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Check out Sennheiser receivers and transmitters sounds like you'll need a small bank of them to put everybody on ears.
Bill W.

"ears" [message #27740 is a reply to message #27734] Wed, 05 October 2005 07:18 Go to previous message
Jeffreyp is currently offline  Jeffreyp
Esquire
Depending on your budget, the best praise team solution is use personal in ear mixing for each person. My favorite is aviom, and shure ears, around a grand a person. You would send up to 16 digital channels to the master unit, then breakout or daisy chain each team member. Each team member then has a small digital mixer and can adjust their own "mix" whenever they want to, and each location can save up to 16 user presets, so if you rotate membere then EVRYONE gets their own ear buds, cheapies, or moulds, and they share receivers and mixers. The "mixer" has a headphone out if the person, say the drummer, does not move around alot, they canuse wired headphone, or earbuds. For your setup you'd need to sub mix the Drums to 1 or 2 channels. and make a few other comprimises, this system saves you buying an ears ready console, and a monitor engineer pulling his/her hair out with nucance requests from th 20 member team. If you want to REALLY change the world, go Electric drums and amp modelers for the musicians, say good bye to stage volume. I work locally and do about 40 installs, mostly in churches per year. Where are you? How big is your church and congregation? Jeff

Previous Topic: not much talk on shootout.
Next Topic: Guitar Amp Quesiton
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 07:12:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout