Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Ohm settings
Ohm settings [message #27633] Fri, 14 November 2008 13:25 Go to next message
Marzman is currently offline  Marzman
Esquire
Hi, I'm just starting to learn about amp and speaker specs and wonder if someone could give me a hand. I normally run two little combo amps together. One is a Peavey Audition 110 (25watts @ 8Ohms) and the other is a Dean Markley K20 (15watts @ 4Ohms). I normally use the Peavey's preamp out jack into the DM's instrument input (the peavey's preamp out jack sends all the amp's processed sound out, including volume, eq, and reverb). The Peavey takes care of the bass and tight distortion and the Dean fills out the clean and highs. It all sounds pretty good together. I've been doing this for years now, so I guess I'm alright. But shouldn't there be a problem because the ohms are rated differently? Or does the dean's power amp not really care what is put into the instrument jack?

Mike

Re: Ohm settings [message #27635 is a reply to message #27633] Fri, 14 November 2008 14:59 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you're using the preamp output of one and running that into the input of the other, the speaker impedance won't matter. If I understand what you're saying and this is what you're doing, the load isn't changing and each amplifier is still driving its own set of speakers.

Previous Topic: peavey art 1975 transtube technology
Next Topic: stereo cab help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:47:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout