Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Recording on to PC?
Recording on to PC? [message #27428] Sun, 06 May 2007 09:55 Go to next message
eatli is currently offline  eatli
Chancellor
I'm new to playing the guitar, but I'd like to eventually record my own music (well, me playing other peoples songs ). How difficult is it to hook up an electric guitar to the PC? I have a Creative soundcard with a bay that has a variety of inputs - is it as simple as connecting the amp to the analogue input and recording it?

Can anyone recommend some software for editing too please?

Re: Recording on to PC? [message #27429 is a reply to message #27428] Wed, 09 May 2007 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
I'm not familiar with that soundcard, but I think it would work, at least to get started. I have a Delta 66 card with an M Audio Omni I/O system, which I like.

I record audio and MIDI using Cubase SX, which is an older version. It came with some very useful virtual effects for guitar and mixing in general.

Re: Recording on to PC? [message #27459 is a reply to message #27429] Mon, 27 August 2007 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carolsuz is currently offline  carolsuz
Esquire
Is Midi the only way to record on the pc ? I play Bass and was thinking of getting a line 6 bass pod and Pro Tools to record directly to the computer . Is there a simple way to do this ? I'd also like to do some guitar stuff but haven't made up my mind on what processor or whatever to use . Any help would be appreciated .

Re: Recording on to PC? [message #27492 is a reply to message #27459] Sat, 13 October 2007 10:40 Go to previous message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
Try looking for a pc processor program such as guitar rig. That program comes with a footswitch. You can also use this program when you directly plug in your guitar to the inputs of your sound card. Use and adpator guitar cord so you can plug it inot your computer. I think i use a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adaptor, dont remember the exact measurements though. As for recording, try dowloading a digital recording studio such as multitrack studio(lite version), some are free to download and some you have to pay for.

Willyable

Previous Topic: twin reverb loop effects
Next Topic: Suggestions for a blues amp?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:34:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio