Home » Audio » Pro Sound » picking up radio ststion through amp
picking up radio ststion through amp [message #27394] Sun, 25 February 2007 08:49 Go to next message
john yobaccio is currently offline  john yobaccio
Esquire
hi i just replaced my mesa boogie f50 combo amp tubes with jj tesla power tubes6l6gc and preamp 12xa7 88c3s also jj i am now picking up radio through amp at my rehersal space {the electricar power is old in building im wondering if this is the problem} bad grounding ect or is it the new tubes id appreiciate any feedback thanks john

Re: picking up radio ststion through amp [message #27395 is a reply to message #27394] Mon, 26 February 2007 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re-install the old tubes and see if the problem goes away. That might give a clue where the problem is. Also, look at the sockets and make sure they're not dirty. If there's a bad connection, sometimes it will act something like a detector and you'll hear the 50Kw AM boomer station nearby.

Re: picking up radio ststion through amp [message #27396 is a reply to message #27395] Tue, 27 February 2007 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john yobaccio is currently offline  john yobaccio
Esquire
thanks for the advice wayne ill give that a shot john

Re: picking up radio ststion through amp [message #27397 is a reply to message #27396] Wed, 28 March 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicolas is currently offline  nicolas
Esquire
Same happened to me with 1968 Fender Twin Reverb but luckely went away on its own.

Re: picking up radio ststion through amp [message #27405 is a reply to message #27397] Wed, 11 April 2007 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
I'm sure I've heard this happening in bands I've been in.

Is it more likely to happen if you have a guitar plugged in, with a specific kind of pickups like single coil vs. humbuckers?

Re: picking up radio ststion through amp [message #27414 is a reply to message #27405] Wed, 18 April 2007 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
I had the same thing happen to me through my cousin. he was in rehearsal and we kept hearing a freaking radio station. We thought we were going crazy when it fact it was what we thought it was. SO my uncle checked it out and found that the sockets were dirty. Once he cleaned them, it went away.

Re: picking up radio ststion through amp [message #27422 is a reply to message #27414] Mon, 30 April 2007 06:38 Go to previous message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
Come to think of it, I think I've heard some kind of short wave radio over guitar amps before, too. Have you ever heard them pick up bits of broadcasts like a scanner?

Previous Topic: Ground Lift Plugs?
Next Topic: hunting for knobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:29:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout