Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Fender Vibrolux Silverface '73
Fender Vibrolux Silverface '73 [message #27357] Tue, 24 October 2006 09:16 Go to next message
Greene is currently offline  Greene
Esquire
Hi all. The lux works reasonable well except i have an annoying problem that when warming up it crackles and hisses for a short time and then its fine. Its intermittent as well. I have replaced the 47k plate resistors , filter caps are done, replaced the resistors in the power stage and fitted new ceramic power tube sockets. etc. I used it for a few hrs the other day and it was faultless but after moving it around the noises re appeared. when the noise is present no guitar signal gets through. Im starting to think it might be mechanical like a dirty or loose pin in a tube socket? Maybe bad solder connection although i have been re soldering anything that looked lie it has a dull grey look about it? very annoying problem. Can you give me some hints on what the cause of this may be or how to troubleshoot this prob in a systematic way? Cheers Greene

Re: Fender Vibrolux Silverface '73 [message #27478 is a reply to message #27357] Sun, 23 September 2007 23:41 Go to previous message
Greene is currently offline  Greene
Esquire
Resolved! It was the Reverb Driver transformer breaking down. replaced and all works well.

Previous Topic: Any suggestions for DIY?
Next Topic: Peavey Artist VT Series
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:56:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout