Home » Audio » Pro Sound » help me out. amps for gigging
help me out. amps for gigging [message #27338] Sat, 23 September 2006 17:30 Go to next message
Jah Rastafari is currently offline  Jah Rastafari
Esquire
ive been playing guitar for some 4 years now but consider myself to by quite acomplished and have been jammin in my friends basement, we mostly play clasic rock hendrix style stuff, and want to start do do some local gigs ( 50 persone gigs) whare they dont mic up amps or anything. Right now i have a crappy 15 watt practice amp that can barely be herd over the drums..how embarasing. I need a new amp obviously and ive been givin the opertunity to buy a marshall G80RCD at a great price how would this amp handle giggin and what other models would you sujest for my situation.
thanks
PRAISE JAH

Re: help me out. amps for gigging [message #27341 is a reply to message #27338] Mon, 25 September 2006 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biggizmo54 is currently offline  Biggizmo54
Esquire
Line 6 is a good affordable gig amp. They also have built-in programmable effects. 50 people gigs need no more than 60 watts. Depending on size of area used...is it considerably loud for its size.

about 1 watt/person then ? [message #27345 is a reply to message #27341] Tue, 26 September 2006 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitsware is currently offline  hitsware
Baron

Re: help me out. amps for gigging [message #27346 is a reply to message #27341] Wed, 27 September 2006 00:49 Go to previous message
Biggizmo54 is currently offline  Biggizmo54
Esquire
hmmmm...that wasn't meant to come out as wattage per person...give a room with a bar...dance floor...and fifty people average, and you have an area of approx. 4000sq ft. you have the potential to blow some eardrums out with the right pitch and volume. Most bar bands use amps with more potential than needed. This gives you an amp which could be used on an outdoor gig. We recently played for roughly 1400 people surrounding and an additional 2200 people wandering in our sandy beach park. No one had more than 60 watt amps, but we were performing in a 17 acre park. The music was audible nearly anywhere in the park. So, you see...there is alot of potential for a mid wattage amp.

Previous Topic: JC55 ROLAND / ultra compressed sound
Next Topic: Carvin V3 vs Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:57:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout