Home » Audio » Pro Sound » JC55 ROLAND / ultra compressed sound
JC55 ROLAND / ultra compressed sound [message #27337] Fri, 22 September 2006 02:19 Go to next message
snowtiger is currently offline  snowtiger
Esquire
Hello,

A few years ago, the sound of my JC55 became sometimes very distorted and ultra compressed, and at all, it was like an amplifier with 2 or 3 watts...

The amp was repaired but after a few months, the problem came back. I didn't received any explanation about which problem was involved.

I didn't use this amplifier during one year or two. The problem was away, and then once again it happened again.

At the beginning I had only some variations with the output level, and after an ultra compressed sound (a sound that you can not use to play with).

My question is the following : do you think that this is a big problem or not? A new amplifier like a Cube 60 or a Peavey don't cost too much, so sometimes the price of the repair is so big that you can almost afford a new amp.

Thank you for your aguments.

Re: JC55 ROLAND / ultra compressed sound [message #27342 is a reply to message #27337] Mon, 25 September 2006 04:53 Go to previous message
Biggizmo54 is currently offline  Biggizmo54
Esquire
Sounds like it is a tranformer overheat problem...or possibly a condensor meltdown. Either way, you punch your wallet into the shop time with no guarantee it wont happen again. A multiple minor problen due to a malfunction of a simple diode may prove to be costly. I suggest an alternate amplifier would be more feaseable.
Depending on your sound desire, Peavey would be a good compromise at present, but there are far better lines to choose from.

Previous Topic: Adding a cabinet to my 65W solid-state amp
Next Topic: help me out. amps for gigging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:47:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout