Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Carvin V3 vs Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Carvin V3 vs Hughes and Kettner Switchblade [message #27331] Fri, 08 September 2006 20:29 Go to next message
matt is currently offline  matt
Esquire
Hi all... just curious of your take on these two amps.

The new Carvin V3 or the Huges and Kettner Switchblade...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Carvin V3 vs Hughes and Kettner Switchblade [message #27332 is a reply to message #27331] Fri, 08 September 2006 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nogard is currently offline  nogard
Esquire
I would have to say the Carvin V3. Maybe it's the price that sets me to say I like the Carvin better. But I also like the style of it.

Re: Carvin V3 vs Hughes and Kettner Switchblade [message #27343 is a reply to message #27331] Mon, 25 September 2006 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biggizmo54 is currently offline  Biggizmo54
Esquire
The choice would depend on the sound you desire. When purchasing an amplifier, the most common mistake is to use a shop axe. Use the one you are familiar with...then try different axes from the shop to voice versatility in the amp itself...spend time with it. Either amp you suggested are excellent. You gotta play it like it is supposed to be played. Take note of effects response and vibration at various level in bottom. What is that speaker cone telling you?

Re: Carvin V3 vs Hughes and Kettner Switchblade [message #27344 is a reply to message #27343] Mon, 25 September 2006 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtrplayer is currently offline  gtrplayer
Esquire
Ah yes, but the problem with playing it like it needs to be played is that you simply can't.

Cause to REALLY test it you have to play it LIVE with the band at a gig... and we both know that isn't going to happen. Actually I would prefer to play it out like 3 times and then decide...

What a perfect world that would be! ha!

Re: Carvin V3 vs Hughes and Kettner Switchblade [message #27347 is a reply to message #27344] Wed, 27 September 2006 00:57 Go to previous message
Biggizmo54 is currently offline  Biggizmo54
Esquire
ahhhh, yes....I remember the days of the sound rooms. I do, however remember the days when I lived in Seattle, and Guitars Etc. had a buyer program which allowed performance tryout periods. You understand of course, that we had co-signers for our group and a good standing with the store itself. All of our equipment was purchased on site or ordered from Guitars Etc. Get a repor going with a local distributor. Then, you just may get into one of those option programs.

Previous Topic: help me out. amps for gigging
Next Topic: Question regarding speaker cables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:58:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout