Home » Audio » Pro Sound » my marshall doesn't work right!
my marshall doesn't work right! [message #27277] Tue, 06 June 2006 17:32 Go to next message
joel is currently offline  joel
Esquire
Okay one day.. I turn my amp on.. & it's low.. I try putting up the volume.. but it stays on the exact same volume until I put it all the way to maximum.. which is too loud... so there's basically two volume settings very very low to very very loud..

help me please! This is my favorite amp! & they don't make this kind of marshall anymore!!!!

Re: my marshall doesn't work right! [message #27281 is a reply to message #27277] Wed, 07 June 2006 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You might want to check the tubes. If you don't already have a tube checker, might be worth it to you to invest in one. You can find 'em on eBay all the time.

Re: my marshall doesn't work right! [message #27282 is a reply to message #27281] Fri, 09 June 2006 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joel is currently offline  joel
Esquire
is there any other way to test them without buying a tube tester?

Re: my marshall doesn't work right! [message #27283 is a reply to message #27282] Sat, 10 June 2006 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitsware is currently offline  hitsware
Baron
Sounds to me like you have a dirty level control. You can open the amp and look to see if the pot is cleanable (not sealed) Assuming it is doable, get an aerosal can of pot cleaner and squirt it in. Then rotate the knob all the way back and forth several times.

Re: my marshall doesn't work right! [message #27335 is a reply to message #27283] Sun, 17 September 2006 14:02 Go to previous message
nogard is currently offline  nogard
Esquire
Did anyo of these suggestions work for you? Please post back to let me know.

Previous Topic: Technics SB-AFP1000
Next Topic: Adding a cabinet to my 65W solid-state amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:22:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout