Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Polypropylene Caps Panasonic vs. Sprague Orange Drops
Polypropylene Caps Panasonic vs. Sprague Orange Drops [message #27131] Wed, 17 August 2005 16:00 Go to next message
Ashurbanipal is currently offline  Ashurbanipal
Esquire
Wanting to replace caps in my Peavey Classic 50.

Has anyone had any experience with comparing Panasonic ECQ-P polypropylene caps with Sprague Orange Drop 715p or 716p?

The Panasonics are considerably cheaper, and I like their polyester film ECQ-B, but I don't want to comprimise sound for just a few dollars.

Thanks.

Re: Polypropylene Caps Panasonic vs. Sprague Orange Drops [message #27134 is a reply to message #27131] Sun, 21 August 2005 10:34 Go to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I`m pretty sure that in your amp there are some similar cheap "plastic" caps. For hi-fi amp, the solution is easy - get at least "Auricaps", if not "Mundorf-Supreme", Russian teflons, some POI caps, etc. But for the guitar amp, owner needs some kind of "subjective sound" from his amp (rarely transparent, hi-fi sound :-)), and the only way to find out what you like more is to sacrifice a few $, buy both and try them...

Previous Topic: matchless chieftain transformers
Next Topic: Rare Fender Solid State Twin Reverb (1966-71)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 14:41:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio