Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Mesa Boogie mods?
Mesa Boogie mods? [message #26995] Mon, 28 February 2005 14:49
jake is currently offline  jake
Esquire
I've have owned an assortment of boogies and for all the good points they have, they feature negative ones as well. Right now I own a Dual Caliber model DC-10 100 watt 6l6 solid state rectification amp. Its the best boogie amp I've owned but still has problems that I'm hoping can be fix via modification. The problem with the amp is no matter how I adjust the controls I cant get musical feedback, even with the guitar right in front of the speakers. The amp is heavy on mid range and grainy like most boogies. So does anyone know of modifications that can make the amp "breath" a little more...alot more, and tighten/smooth out the midrange aka a little more marshall like. My marshall jcm2000 and fender twin reverb could both make musical feedback and were very tube/bouncy sounding. I feel like the mesa is almost like playing a solid state amp(sorry boogie), but I do like the heavy gain and versitility boogie offers, just wish the amp was more lively.
Please help Thanks
Jake

p.s. Has harmonix 6l6 tubes and GTECC83 in V1, V2 positions, and GT12ax7's in V3-V6

Previous Topic: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb
Next Topic: Please don't laugh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 20:03:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout