Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb [message #26988] Tue, 01 February 2005 06:13 Go to next message
paranoiaviolence is currently offline  paranoiaviolence
Esquire
What are the differences between a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb ?

I want to buy one of these heads, and I don't know if they are the same more or less. I want the tipical Dual Rectifier sound...so, would I have this sound if I had the Rectifier Trem-o-verb?

Thanks!

Re: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb [message #26994 is a reply to message #26988] Mon, 28 February 2005 14:36 Go to previous message
jake is currently offline  jake
Esquire
Ok I hope this helps. I have owned a newer three channel dual recto a 50 watt rectoverb head(rectifier with reverb),a DC-5 50 watt combo and DC-10 100watt combo. Even though none are the tremoverb, I have heard one live, so here is my 2 cents.

The new rectifier was pretty nice but was lacking something for me. I would use an external eq for the lead channels to smooth out the grainy texture. When i put el34's in it there was a big improvement in the clean channel(more vibrant and glassy sounding), and a loss of bottom end in the distortion channels. I wish the standard recto had reverb, the clean could use it. Overall the amp sounded sterile, even with an assorment of tubes I tried out(6l6,El34,KT-66,and matched GT12ax7's).

The rectoverb I had did not sound as burly as the standard dual rectifier.I would not recomend the rectoverb as it was really muddy sounding although the clean had a fairly nice, good bouncy tube sound.

AS far as the tremoverb goes its 2 channels instead of three, and from what I heard the clean was amazing, one of the best I've heard since my old twin reverb. But I did not hear the distortion on it sooo.?

Your best bet, if you want the real recto sound then buy one, the other models have different features that set them apart from the regular recto sound. I'm assuming you want the kick butt hard core distortion that the recto offers.

I now play a mesa DC-10, which is a nice versitle amp but cant quite get the recto sound. But can nail metallica's 'and justice for all' sound (the amp has buildt in 5 band eq which is really nice) my only problem with this amp is there is way too much mid range and as far as all boogies that I've owned, none of them are very musical in character, ie its hard to get violin type feedback, they all seem a little sterile even through different cabs, guitars and tubes.
Hope this helps

Previous Topic: Marshall modification
Next Topic: Mesa Boogie mods?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:14:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers