Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Selection Help
Selection Help [message #26981] Sun, 16 January 2005 19:29 Go to next message
Clueless Rocker is currently offline  Clueless Rocker
Esquire
Hi, I've been playing for a year now, and I'm looking to get a new amp to replace the 10 watt one that came with my guitar. I have a band in the works we're kinda learning together so I'm looking for something that I'll be able to practice with in my house as well as something I can use for small shows and such. Also, I'm looking not to spend too much. Some help to the right direction would be awesome (What brands, features, wattage I should look for)

Re: Selection Help [message #26982 is a reply to message #26981] Mon, 17 January 2005 13:09 Go to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Important details - what music/sound, real drums or not?
IME/IMO - keep the small amp for practicing at home and buy used (be carefull, try first) tube amp... There are many models/companies and depends on the music you play, but you can hardly go wrong with Marshall (or so) for the hard`n`heavy, or Fender (or "clone") for somewhat "cleaner" tone. Many others... For the smaller (and quieter) band, 2X 6L6 or EL34, etc. (about 30-50W) combo (say 1x 12" speaker) can work well, but for the loud...you know - up to 4X12" and 100W, hehe.
You must decide are other features important for you, for example clean/distortion channels accesed by footswitch, reverb, effect loop, etc.

Previous Topic: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with a GNX3 footpedal
Next Topic: Update to DIY site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 19:56:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout