Home » Audio » Pro Sound » guitar amps AND hi-fi ... cool!
guitar amps AND hi-fi ... cool! [message #26901] Sat, 10 July 2004 10:22 Go to next message
Philip Ruetz is currently offline  Philip Ruetz
Esquire
This is my first post ... I like the variety of forums to choose from here. Guitar amps AND hi-fi ... pretty cool!

During the last year, I've been tinkering in the living room trying to put together a home theater rig. It's a lot more difficult than I first expected it to be. So far, my wife won't allow any tubes in the living room, though. ;o) I started out with a HTIAB from Walmart, but quickly upgrade to an Onkyo 65wpc receiver. I really like the Onkyo, but my Dayton BR-1 (front L and R) speakers are pretty inefficient, and the Onkyo starts to clip before the volume is loud enough for my tastes. (Guitar-induced hearing loss, no doubt.) I should've have saved up for a 100-watt receiver instead of the 65 watter. The Dayton BR-1 is a kit, BTW, and very high quality.

Gee ... I guess this post doesn't really belong on the "guitar amp" forum! Next time I'll try to stay within topic.

Best,

philip ruetz

Re: guitar amps AND hi-fi ... cool! [message #26902 is a reply to message #26901] Sun, 11 July 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Phillip,

You might try using some high efficiency speakers with your receiver. You'll probably find that with some Eminence, JBL Pro, Altec, (and many other) high efficiency speakers, you won't need to go much past the 1 to 10 watt range. Of course, the big crash and shock value scenes will peak well above that, even with high efficiency speakers. But still, your power will go a long way with 'em, and really, it's a similar kind of setup to what's often used in guitar amps. You find a bunch of Eminence speakers come as factory equipment in guitar amps.

Wayne

Re: guitar amps AND hi-fi ... cool! [message #27299 is a reply to message #26902] Sat, 15 July 2006 02:20 Go to previous message
harry4265 is currently offline  harry4265
Baron
great post , but rather pointless i dont know why peopel want their guitar to be so loud!

Previous Topic: sound samples
Next Topic: How much will I get for a 7 year old Marshall VS100?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:37:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio