Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers
Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #26606] Tue, 30 January 2007 13:12 Go to next message
Bob Lo is currently offline  Bob Lo
Esquire
Does any one know anything about Paradox TA-12 speakers? They were made by Sonic Energy System back in 197x. I came across a pair in very good condition and would like to restore them. Would it worth my effort? The quality of the sound is great.
There is an article about this speaker in March 1977 issue of High Fidelity magazine. Anyone has read the article and can share a copy?

Any help to find out about these speakers are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #26697 is a reply to message #26606] Thu, 13 March 2008 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
george brunson is currently offline  george brunson
Esquire
still have the ta-12's?

Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #26746 is a reply to message #26606] Sun, 01 February 2009 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard McCluskey is currently offline  Richard McCluskey
Esquire
What do you mean by restore them?
The Paradox TA-12 had astounding imaging, clarity, and dynamic range for a speaker in it's price range. They were more a product of the art of the technology not the science of the technology, a lucky combination of drivers with near perfect compliment. Therefore replacing the drivers or even reconing might destroy the magic.
RMc

Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #26757 is a reply to message #26697] Mon, 30 March 2009 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I still have them. I just refoamed the speakers and they sound great. Are you interested in them?

Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #26758 is a reply to message #26606] Mon, 30 March 2009 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I still have them. Just refoamed and I need to buy new speaker cloth.

Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #66261 is a reply to message #26606] Tue, 22 February 2011 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fubar is currently offline  fubar
Esquire
I once owned paradox speakers and would be interested in purchasing yours. Also i own a marantz model7 preamp tube and iplan to sell it!
Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #68267 is a reply to message #26606] Mon, 20 June 2011 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danger-russ is currently offline  danger-russ
Esquire
i joined this site just to find out something about these amazing speakers!! i got mine for 20 bucks and just had to refoam the woofers!! but i still no nothing about them. i'd like to know the history,what thy're worth etc. (i don't think i'll ever sell em though!). these speakers have stopped my search for the perfect sounding loudspeaker. ive ran through a few,i really like my altec lansing model 14's but really these blow them away!!...i'm still stunned when i play them. i'm a TOOL fan and these speakers were made to play thier music!!!..heres my email please let me know what you have found out about these big ol miracles!!!....eugenedean@hotmail.com...thank you!!
Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #73567 is a reply to message #68267] Sat, 11 August 2012 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cvw77069 is currently offline  cvw77069
Esquire
I have a pair of the TA-12's I bought used about 15 years ago. They are by far the best sounding speakers I've ever owned. The woofers were wasted so I replaced them with 60oz magnets, awesome sound. I wish I could find another pair for my surround sound system.
Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #73855 is a reply to message #73567] Wed, 19 September 2012 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danger-russ is currently offline  danger-russ
Esquire
if your serious about buying a pair of ta 12's. maybe we could work something out. the cabients show thier age and the woofers have been reconed but they still sound awesome the mids and tweeters are in perfect shape,the adjustment knobs for the highs and mids are missing but i do have the grills. e mail me at eugenedean@hotmail.com. i live in the omaha /c.b. area...my name is russ..thanks....i can send pics when or if u want!!
Re: Paradox TA-12 Time Aligned Speakers [message #75712 is a reply to message #26606] Tue, 05 March 2013 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
stereonutz is currently offline  stereonutz
Esquire
I know this is an old thread but wanted to see if anyone can give me more info about the TA-12's. I got a pair receintly and love them. they are in EXCELLENT condition. Very well taken care of.purchased them to resale, but am thinking of hanging on to them. any more info will be greatly appreciated
Previous Topic: FS: Pair JBL 2441 w/ 8 ohm Radian diaphragms
Next Topic: Dual 701
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:59:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout