Home » Audio » Radio » Help Identify my RCA VICTOR
Help Identify my RCA VICTOR [message #26057] Thu, 27 November 2008 23:38 Go to next message
alan is currently offline  alan
Esquire
Hi. I have been looking for a place like this so I can get this identified. I found it at the Goodwill. THe cabinet is very good for it's age (whatever that is). It is an upright console with pb bc and fm bands. 6 pushbutton tuner with trimmer adjustments. Golden Throat components. THe speaker is on the bottom with a drawer on each side. Above that is a drawer on each side. The one housing the radio swings open and the phono one flips down and the phono slides out. The am tuner works, not sure about the fm tuner and the phono doesn't work. It is a wooden cabinet and approx. 30x30x18D. I would be interested in selling. CAn anybody help date it and rough appraise it? THanks. Alan.

Re: Help Identify my RCA VICTOR [message #26058 is a reply to message #26057] Thu, 27 November 2008 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I forgot to add some #'s on it. Chassis RC-610, ser# 013558. A 38 with a teardrop inbetween at bottom is inked on it and a tube has 970507-2 on it. THanks.

Re: Help Identify my RCA VICTOR [message #26059 is a reply to message #26058] Mon, 01 December 2008 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds excellent! Does it work? Can you post a photo?

Re: Help Identify my RCA VICTOR [message #26060 is a reply to message #26059] Mon, 01 December 2008 15:26 Go to previous message
Esquire
I am hoping to borrow a digital camera. My biggest problem is I found it here in Oregon where I am working for 2 more weeks and live in Alabama. I really don't want the hassle of having to keep it covered/keep it from gettting ruined on my way back in the back of my truck. I amreally hoping to get a rough value on it so I can possibly sell it through an ebay consignment store here.

The am portion works, I think the volume knob contacts need cleaned to keep a consistent non static volume, the fm doesn't seem to work but I don't have an antenna and I am in a very rural area where I don't even get a good signal in the car, and the phono doesn't work. The pushbuttons don't work and the tuner is a little loose. I did smell something when I had it plugged in about 20 minutes checking it out, like lint burning off the tubes, but it may be something worse.

Previous Topic: Need help indentifying radio/record player???
Next Topic: airline radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:11:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout