Home » Audio » Radio » RCA golden throat FM radio
RCA golden throat FM radio [message #26002] Sat, 16 February 2008 22:57 Go to next message
nancy is currently offline  nancy
Esquire
Hi, I just received an old radio - I believe from the late 40's or early 50's from my uncle's estate and have a question. It is an RCA victor FM radio with the label for "golden throat" on the back as well as ROESE radio televison fidelity and the # gr 2-2221. The puzzling thing about it is on the bottom back it has an opening for a plug in the back and it says "will make a fine phonograph of this radio See instructions". I am curious as to what would have plugged into the back of this radio. The radio also has these numbers on the back 608 274. I was impressed that everything on it was original and when I plugged it in, it worked!!! Anything you can tell me about this radio would be appreciated. Thanks!! Nancy

Re: RCA golden throat FM radio [message #26003 is a reply to message #26002] Tue, 19 February 2008 12:13 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Does the plug and label look like they were built-in, or does it look like someone added it afterward?

Previous Topic: airline stereo
Next Topic: Wards 93BR-1201A
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:28:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout