Home » Audio » Radio » wards airline radio model # 93BR-714B
wards airline radio model # 93BR-714B [message #25987] Tue, 11 December 2007 11:08 Go to next message
Stacey is currently offline  Stacey
Esquire
My grandfather is looking for information on the tuning system for this radio. I tried googling but haven't been able to come up with anything. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for a good website or book. Also he needs parts for a Zenith Trans-Oceanic Radio. Any suggestions for that would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: wards airline radio model # 93BR-714B [message #25988 is a reply to message #25987] Wed, 12 December 2007 09:22 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm not sure what you mean about the "tuning system" for the Mongomery Ward radio. It's a superhetrodyne radio with IF stages and the RF stage has a variable capacitor for tuning. Mongomery Ward didn't make radio chassis but instead purchased from an OEM. You can sometimes identify the chassis by its tube complement and component layout, but it's a manual process of looking through all the schematics in a collection like the Rider schematics.

As for Trans-Oceanics parts, your best bet is to find one on eBay that you can use as a parts mule. If you just want tubes and capacitors, you can buy those separately from a electronics supply company but if you need the cabinet or knobs or dial - things unique to the Trans-Oceanic - then you'll need to buy a parts mule.

Previous Topic: Wards Airline Phono/amfm floor Model
Next Topic: Decals for GE E-126 Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:24:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout