Home » Audio » Radio » Ward's airliner model #62-417 floor model
Ward's airliner model #62-417 floor model [message #25947] Mon, 23 July 2007 15:46 Go to next message
Gabriel is currently offline  Gabriel
Baron
My aunt has a Ward's model 62417 radio. I have not been able to track down much information on it, only similar model #s that are table-top models, not floor models, like my aunt's. She is interested in possibly selling it, but I'm trying to convince her to keep it in the family. I would like to know if it would be possible to get it working again, I believe it will need new tubes and it does need four knobs that are currently missing. Other than that it is in good shape. What would be a good way to fix it up and care for it? What year was this radio made and how do I find out about its history and approx value? I read that "transOceanic" radios have more value, what makes it TransOceanic? Is my aunt's radio transOceanic? Thanks to anybody who can help!

Additional details:

Wards model 62417 tube standard and short wave chicago

serial # FF456.kc

Re: Ward's airliner model #62-417 floor model [message #25949 is a reply to message #25947] Thu, 26 July 2007 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Zenith sold a series of models of multi-band radios called "TransOceanic" over the years. So to be a TransOceanic is kind of like to be a Cutlass. It's the name of a specific product line. Your radio is a Montgomery Ward "Airline", not a Zenith TransOceanic.

As to the condition of your your radio, what does it do? When you turn on the power, do the tubes glow? If not, you probably need one or more tubes. Chances are, whether you need tubes or not, you need to replace the capacitors, at least the large power supply caps. This is cheap and easy, but you have to be able to solder. You can check the tubes on a tube tester, or you can take the whole radio in to the shop.

Re: Ward's airliner model #62-417 floor model [message #25957 is a reply to message #25947] Wed, 12 September 2007 05:05 Go to previous message
Charles Burke is currently offline  Charles Burke
Esquire
I just obtained a Wards Airline 62.2714 radio / phono combination and am hoping to get it back into shappe, did you ever find any schematics on yours?

Previous Topic: What to do with Ward Airline Radio/Phono Combo
Next Topic: Wards Airline 62.2714 radio / phono combination
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:00:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout