Home » Audio » Radio » Info on cabinet radios
Info on cabinet radios [message #25905] Mon, 18 December 2006 09:47 Go to next message
Roydio is currently offline  Roydio
Esquire
Hi, my in-laws asked if I would sell their Philco 112 and Zenith 6-S-597 Broadcast/Shortwave/Phono cabinet radios for them. I've sold bikes I've restored online, but I'm a newbie with radios. HELP!

I'm looking for any help in determining a value for these wonderful old pieces. They are in great condition (please see the photos linked here below). I'm looking for any info or any offers actually.

I live in the Detroit area. Thanks for your time! Roy

Re: Info on cabinet radios [message #25906 is a reply to message #25905] Tue, 19 December 2006 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Oops, newbie mistake - Console radios I believe is the correct term. I throw myself down in front of the Radiophile gods and beg forgiveness!

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out - which way did I come in? Hmm, bad jokes probably won't help my cause... so I'll stop. Happy Holidays!

Re: Info on cabinet radios [message #25907 is a reply to message #25906] Fri, 22 December 2006 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

To tell the truth, most antique radios have more intrinsic or nostalgic value than resale value. There are some collectables, but most radios and console systems are just cool to have. Anyway, if you're looking to sell something, you might want to list it in the Swap Meet section. That's the only place that "for sale" posts are allowed.

Re: Info on cabinet radios [message #25908 is a reply to message #25907] Fri, 22 December 2006 19:06 Go to previous message
Esquire
Thanks for the reply. My in-laws just sold their first item on ebay and are convinced they should sel the radios there. So if they don't sell on eBay, I'll try to convince them we should list them here or sell locally in an antique/consignment place. Thanks for your time. Happy Holidays!

Roy

Previous Topic: Airline Radio
Next Topic: Help with indentifing old radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:07:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers