Home » Audio » Radio » Airline Radio
Airline Radio [message #25882] Tue, 29 August 2006 10:04 Go to next message
Robin is currently offline  Robin
Esquire
Hi... I was given an Airline Radio and I would like to find out when it was made and where I can get parts for it such as knobs, tubes etc... Also does anyone have a picture of this radio in its original and complete state..

Thank you

Robin

Re: Airline Radio [message #25883 is a reply to message #25882] Wed, 30 August 2006 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Airline brand radios were sold at Mongomery Ward and were generally made by an OEM and branded as Airline. Mongomery Ward offered several models through the years. There are some books that show various old radios and old catalog and magazine ads, but there were so many brands and models made that the books I've seen only cover a tiny selection. Tubes are available at BOIAudioworks.com and knobs and other parts are available at TubesAndMore.com. Do you have any photos of your radio? Do you know what tubes were used inside? Does it work?

Re: Airline Radio [message #25884 is a reply to message #25883] Sat, 09 September 2006 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matefork is currently offline  matefork
Viscount
You forgot to mention what kind of Airline Radio you have in your possession. There are hundreds, even thousands of old radios with that brand. Here's a link and go check where is your radio: http://antiqueradios.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Airline&page=1

Re: Airline Radio [message #25885 is a reply to message #25884] Sat, 09 September 2006 11:43 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Great link, thanks!

Previous Topic: Unknown old radio, need help
Next Topic: Help with Grunow Model: 660 Chassis:6C
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:52:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio