Home » Audio » Radio » A Montgomery Airline Radio Phono Combo
A Montgomery Airline Radio Phono Combo [message #25842] Wed, 31 May 2006 12:32 Go to next message
[33rd]CSgt.AdamslADlSP| is currently offline  [33rd]CSgt.AdamslADlSP|
Esquire
Basicaly all i need is the glass plate that is used to see what station your listening in on....You know the piece of glass with all the radio frequencys on it...I was wrestling with my gf, and she kicked it by accident. Now its broken, and I need to know where I may be able, or how I may be able to replace it.
Other than that, the radio, and the console around it are in great shape. Turntable works great too. I have refinished the case its built into, and removed the speaker, radio and turntable for cleaning. I want to get it all back together and sell it, or maybe give it to my parents but...I need that piece of glass. The model # is 62-2721 WG & C Series 16a90-865-1 Its a Wards Airline Radio Phono Combo...Id love to get a date on this thing too...Any help will be very much apriciated..Thanks
And Cheers
Adams

Re: A Montgomery Airline Radio Phono Combo [message #25843 is a reply to message #25842] Wed, 31 May 2006 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I hate it when that happens. I'd rather the electronics be broken than the glass or escuteons because they're harder to find. If you cannot locate one, you might want to get a glass cutter to make this piece. You might be able to relabel it using letter transfers with a font that's appropriate to the period. Alternatively, I suppose you could have it silkscreened. That would look best, but is expensive for a one-off restoration.

Re: A Montgomery Airline Radio Phono Combo [message #25867 is a reply to message #25843] Thu, 06 July 2006 19:33 Go to previous message
Bill is currently offline  Bill
Chancellor
Your dial is at your fingertips!!!!! Yor computer and everyday software can make you a new dial very easily. Take the broken parts and put them together as best as possible and scan them in to your computer. Load the image into your ADOBE or like program and find the "clone" section of the program and fix the image. You can then find "water soluable decal paper on the internet, about $2.00 a sheet. Print the image onto the decal paper, after a few trys on regular paper. Spray the decal with spray laquor from Home Depot, cut it to fit your "new" clear glass that you just bought at Home depot, they cut to size or do it yourself. Follow the instructions that come with the paper, afix it to your glass. You can then sit back and listen to you new treasure with your dial glass. The total cost will be around $10 to $12 dollars. If you do more for other radios the price goes down big-time.

Previous Topic: Airline radio
Next Topic: Philco Cathedral model 20
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:29:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout